The Aligned Musician Workshops
I offer workshops to musicians that combine body mapping with a movement practice.
This combination is so effective because:
- Body Mapping has been scientifically proven to reduce the risk of injury, especially from Repetitive Stress.
- Body Mapping teaches you about functional anatomy and how the body is actually supposed to move.
- Body Mapping increases your level of awareness. This greatly improves coordination and reduces the risk of injury.
- I take you through Body Mapping in a way that reduces stress and is informative.
- After building the foundation of understanding functional anatomy and developing self awareness, we then focus on something completely different -so that you practice awareness while your attention is focused elsewhere. The idea is to train your mind to be aware even when you're in a stressful performance situation.
- Yoga is the perfect practice for this, because it has been proven to reduce the rate of injury in musicians, and it focuses the mind.
- Merge is built upon a yoga, but works more into the fascia. As a result you improve your posture and everyday movement.
Movement for Musicians
Workshops currently offered at Arizona State University in collaboration with Brianne Borden (Finding Your Center). Alternating sessions are The Aligned Musician and Yoga for Musicians workshops, meeting every Monday at 3:15pm. All sessions are free and open to the public. For more information, visit our Facebook Event: