The Aligned Musician Workshops
I offer workshops to musicians that combine knowledge of functional anatomy with a movement practice.
This combination is so effective because:
- Correcting proprioceptive reorganization of functional anatomy has been scientifically proven to reduce the risk of injury, especially from Repetitive Stress.
- Functional anatomy makes it clear how the body is actually supposed to move.
- Knowledge of functional anatomy increases your level of awareness. This greatly improves coordination and reduces the risk of injury.
- I take you through functional anatomy in a way that reduces stress and is informative.
- After building the foundation of understanding functional anatomy and developing self awareness, we then focus on something completely different -so that you practice awareness while your attention is focused elsewhere. The idea is to train your mind to be aware even when you're in a stressful performance situation.
- Yoga is the perfect practice for this, because it has been proven to reduce the rate of injury in musicians, and it focuses the mind.
- Merge is built upon yoga, but is a mobility practice that works more into the fascia. As a result you improve your posture and everyday movement.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or to book for a workshop.